How to better engage your readers inside content
99.9% of the content you read online is garbage. Let's put an end to it - here you'll find the actionable takeaways on how to write content that engages and inspires.
Let’s be honest - 99.9% of the content you read online is garbage.
I read really great blog posts perhaps once in a quarter.
Today I wanna put an end to it, and give you actionable takeaways on how to write content that engages, inspires, and converts your readers.
First, let’s start with four things you shouldn’t do:
- Be overly self-promotional - putting random CTAs to your product through the entire article will just make your readers angry. Instead, show CTAs only when relevant.
- Too much descriptive language - you’re not writing a novel. Stop overusing adjectives inside your content.
- Statistics are so ‘90s - Stop overusing statistics inside your content. I agree, your content and claims should be argumented, but quoting industry research in every second paragraph is unnecessary
Instead, here’s what you should do:
- Make an article about “them”, not about “you”.
- Address the readers’ problems at the beginning, and tell them what kind of “solution” or “bottom line” they can expect.
- Avoid long paragraphs - make sure your content is user mobile-friendly. So go with short paragraphs with no more than 1.5-2 sentences.
- Show proof or tell argument for every claim you make
- Be real - not fake - write about the things you fucked up. Write about things you did well. Be honest and objective. Or in short - be human.
- Avoid stock photos at all costs - instead, use screenshots whenever relevant.
- Be short, crisp, and concise - avoid adding unnecessary fluff. The idea is to bring your reader from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Longer articles aren’t usually better.
- Be actionable - Almost every paragraph should add value to the readers’ life.
By doing all of this, you won’t just better engage with your readers - you’ll also:
a) Rank your article in top SERP positions (in most cases of course), while not over-optimizing your article for SEO and ruining the user experience
b) You’ll earn the readers’ trust, and trust equals conversions.
Loved this actionable growth nugget?
Join 360+ other SaaS founders and marketers that receive actionable, 1-minute growth insights three times a week.
Subscribe to the newsletter below, or subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform:
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1EOvCAhz1gVhICpzFf0b7q
- Apple podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/saas-growth-school-with-ugi-djuric/id1612087520?uo=4